Monday, September 10, 2007

Petition to be read this week!

Sorry it's been a while since my last post. I was working in Mexico and was really busy. My petition is to be read at the next stated lodge meeting which is this Thursday Sept 13th. I am planning on meeting with my (hopefully) future brothers about an hour before the meeting to touch base and chat. I really like the people and the facility. From what I understand an investigative committee is going to be assigned at this meeting and later this week or next week they should be contacting me. From comments I've heard here and there, they may wish meet with me at my home and meet my family or it may be as laid back as me meeting them at the lodge. Whatever it may be, I am really looking forward to it and am actually not too anxious for it to happen immediately. I actually want the whole initiatic process to be done correctly and not too rushed. I would in no way be interested in a "one-day" Master Mason course. I really want to learn and follow the rituals and traditions the way they were meant to be. The only thing I worry about sometimes is not saying the right thing or breaking a Masonic rule of some kind unintentionally. Since I am so new, I do not know what is exactly appropriate or not appropriate. I sometimes worry about asking a wrong question. Anyway, I think I will just relax and stop doing so much research on the Internet as there seems to be too much negative info, as well as info that may ruin the surprise of the rituals. I am very excited and will keep you posted!

Here is a video from the the Simpsons "Homer the Great" episode of the Stonecutters lodge which I found to be rather amusing. **update, I found out today 09/12/07 that the english version has been removed from Youtube, so here is the Spanish version, you can read the lyrics in English below...sorry :(


The lyrics are:
Who controls the British Crown?
Who keeps the Metric System down?
We do! We do!

Who leaves Atlantis off the maps?
Who keeps the Martians under wraps?
We do! We do!

Who holds back the electric car?
Who makes Steve Guttenberg a star?
We do! We do!

Who robs cave fish of their site?
Who rigs every Oscar night?
We do! We do!

Courtesy of Freemasons for Dummies a book I highly recommend for anyone who is considering becoming a Freemason or who wants to get a better understanding of what Freemasonry is really about.

No comments: