Saturday, September 29, 2007

First Investigation

When I got home today from my son's football game, I had a message on my answering machine from one of the brethren of Five Points Lodge. I found it interesting that he mentioned "I would like to stop by for the investigation" on the machine. It kind of freaked my kids out when they heard it. But a short explanation cleared things up. They are aware of my intentions to join a fraternity, perhaps they are not too keen on what Freemasonry is about at their young age...but nevertheless, everyone in my family is cool.

He arrived surprisingly; with his young son, perhaps 7 or 8 years old. Nice guy, and his son got along right away with my 7 year old son and went to my backyard to play. We sat at my kitchen dinette and he pulled out a form similar to my petition, but with all my information already typewritten on it. My wife was at the table while he pretty much started asking the questions on the form. Really harmless, took about 15 minutes. He did not go into asking me why I wanted to join or anything like that. I gotta admit, I was kind of nervous before he arrived, but afterwards...I was really relieved and feel more confident than ever about the decision I have made. One down...two to go! :)

No comments: