Friday, November 30, 2007

I am a Mason!

Tonight I earned my Entered Apprentice degree. A positively, overwhelming, unexpected experience. I feel honored to have my fellow Brothers take time on a Friday evening to participate in my initiation. I am short for words as to how I feel, but can easily say that this was an experience that I will never forget for the rest of life. I have a lot of hard work ahead of me, but with patience and perseverance hope to be a valuable member to our Fraternity and our community.

I have a year to complete my EA proficiency and another year to become a Master Mason. I do not plan for it to take that long, although I am going through my MBA at the University of Texas at El Paso. What I really liked is that my friend E. who has been my primary contact in becoming a Mason, agreed to be my coach. He also lives on my side of town which should facilitate things. I am also glad that he is my coach because I saw the progess another brother has made in the last three months under his guidance. I know it's going to be hard work, as he mentioned that he typically coaches daily for about an hour a day to his EAs.
I am so excited this day finally arrived! My journey barely commences. I feel like I haven't even touched the tip of the iceberg yet, only got a glimpse.

1 comment:

Ben said...

Newly made Brother!

Amazing, just amazing. It's wonderful to see someone going through exactly the same emotions I did 51 weeks ago.

We had a 'Lodge of Instruction' meeting last night - sort of like a rehearsal, and at about 10pm our time (5pm-ish your time) I let the brothers know that a friend of mine across the pond was starting to be initiated at that very moment - they all smiled, and we shared a 'moment' on your behalf.

It's always wonderful to see or hear of a new Brother, it's even better if you get to watch your progress, in that way that I, and your other readers, have done.

Ben