Saturday, December 8, 2007

My Lodge

Now that I am a proud Entered Apprentice of Five Points Lodge #1137, I would like to share a little background about it and other El Paso, Texas Lodges.


From Elpasomasons.net:

Five Points Lodge was Chartered on December 4th, 1919. It's first meeting was on January 15, 1920 when William J. Pickering was installed as the first Worshipful Master. The Lodge met at 916 1/2 N. Piedras St. When in 1960 the building was torn down to realign Montana St. the Lodge purchased the Phoenician Club Building on Morehead Ave. This was our home until 2004 when we sold the building and moved to our present location in the Masonic Activities Center on Magruder St.

In El Paso, there are roughly 2,000 Freemasons belonging to one or more of the 10 local Lodges chartered under the Grand Lodge of Texas. As a a matter of fact many of my Lodge Brethren are at Grand Lodge today at the 172nd Grand Lodge Communication!
I am anxious to get more involved in Masonry, but activity is low right now due to the Grand Lodge meeting and the upcoming holidays. I am sure I am going to have more than my hands full with my upcoming proficiency work as well as my university studies...not to mention work and my family. Whoooo!

No comments: