Monday, August 27, 2007

My first post

I am not a seasoned blogger by any means. Only a novice who is looking to keep a record of my experiences as I go through the process of petitioning a Masonic lodge. It is late, as I must rise early tomorrow, however I wish to post something before going to bed. I'm really excited about the name of my blog. I actually dreamt about this name or term a long time ago. It was so vivid that the name has remained in my mind all this time. In my dream the term "doctrine day" actually referred to a breed of parrots, like the Macaws or African Greys. I was amazed by these birds and asked someone in my dream what kind they were, because I had to buy some when I got back to the States. He said, "They are Doctrine Day parrots." When I woke up, I knew I would remember this term for the rest of my life. I immediately told my wife and she laughed, but at the same time seemed intrigued. I knew that someday, the term Doctrine Day would have a deeper meaning.....NOW it hit me, my initiatic process into Freemasonry and this blog! Well not yet, I just petitioned a lodge last Thursday. I must wait until their next stated meeting for them to read my petition, and then until the first Thursday of October for them to take the ballot.

I found the definition of doctrine to be in line with the general description of Freemasonry:
doctrine (plural doctrines)
A belief or tenet, especially about philosophical or theological matters.

I'm excited to share my experiences with you about this special transition in my life. Good night and I will keep you posted! ;)

No comments: